Jun 11 2012
During their opening keynote speech at WWDC 2012 apple announced iOS 6, the latest version of their mobile operating system, with a number of key updates.
There are currently an astonishing 360 million iOS users across the world and Apple are doing their upmost to keep their OS at the cutting edge of technology, here are the key features:
- Perhaps the biggest improvement to iOS is the inclusion of Apples mapping Technology, replacing the previously included Google Maps. Turn by Turn navigation is now included as standard which may replace the requirement to purchase TomTom style apps, although TomTom will be providing map info for Apple.
- Apple have announced that iOS 6 will have full Facebook integration, allowing you to update your status from a number of key apps, including Siri.
- The long over do not disturb feature has now been added, meaning that you won’t be disturbed during that important meeting.
- The previously WiFi only FaceTime video conferencing feature will now work over 3G networks allowing for improved accessibility whilst mobile.
- A new App called PassBook will be included to manage electronic tickets, which may finally bring electronic booking to the masses.
- A new feature called guided access has been included to control how Apps can be interacted with.
iOS 6 will be launched in Autumn.